Beyond Visible Light – Infrared Photography from Camera to Print Stratford-upon-Avon
The Imaging Warehouse
1A Black Hill Industrial Estate
10:00am – 4:30pm
Simon Weir brings his knowledge and talents to the Academy with this course, allowing you to discover the beauty of Infrared photography for all seasons.
- The fascinating history of infrared image making
- The science of how infrared photography works in film and digital
- Camera choice, modification and filter options
- Overcoming the pitfalls of focusing invisible light and the dreaded “hot-spots”
- Subjects, composition and exposure
- Processing methods using Lightroom and Photoshop
- False colour infrared & channel-swapping methods for colour enhancement
- Fine art B&W infrared processing and printing
The morning session includes a nearby location shoot to experience Infrared photography for yourself and to get some images for processing in the afternoon. Simon will also present a selection of his own IR images and discuss their merits.
- There will be a maximum of 9 delegates on each date to ensure social distancing
- Face masks are down to customer discretion
- If you are feeling unwell on the day, then we ask that you refrain from making the journey
Simon Weir — Simon is a highly experienced photographer and a well-known exponent of infrared with a lifelong love of black & white imagery. By using specially modified cameras, he captures scenes entirely composed of invisible infrared light, producing an alternative view of reality, beyond visible light. He regularly gives talks, presentations and workshops throughout the UK. See his work here – https://www.simonweir.com/
• Full day workshop
There will be a few IR converted cameras ready for you to have a go with and some on-lens IR filters for standard cameras – we strongly suggest you bring along your own camera (IR converted or not) and a tripod.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.